Monday, February 16, 2009

Rainy Sunday







Today I struggled for four hours with one online Geology assignment.  My professor does not make things easy to say the least.  There is a big time test on Wednesday and I better start studying tomorrow for it.
 
Radha and Vrn went out to Wards and bought fix-in's for burritos.  Glani cooked and it tasted scrumptious.  We all sat out on the porch table- Glani, Govinda, Radha, Vrn, and myself.  
It was overcast and occasionally drizzling today.  I went to Shyam's game and saw Mathura, Nila Madhava and Kana there.  It was so nice to see them again.  They were all smiles.  I've known all of them since they were small children.  I have a lot of love in my heart for both Shyam and Radha's childhood friends.  

Alachua Real had to play down two (wo)men and they lost 1-0.  Chris Hotary, in an uncharacteristic move,  got a red card for pushing a player from the opposing team in the face. He's probably suspended for almost the rest of the regular season now.

Shyam stayed the night and we had a long talk about what he should do with his future.  He came to me and not the other way around, which is good.  He seems self-motivated.  He wants some engagement after school, so we agreed to both hit the gym together.  Krishna knows I could use it.  He has the body of a well-trained athlete and told me he was been doing pull-ups, crunches and push-ups every day.  He's over 160 pounds now and leaning toward going to UF after Santa Fe and playing for their club team.  He still hasn't given up the idea of playing soccer professionally.  He would have been playing Division I college soccer this year if he had stuck it out at Florida Gulf Coast but he told me he doesn't regret leaving.  He just felt too isolated from his childhood friends and the devotees.  Now he is thinking of maybe going to UF and then trying to make his way up through the minor leagues and then into the MLS.  He will go into his major period of Jupiter when he's 23.  He'll turn 19 this September.  Jupiter is exalted for him as it is situated in the sign of Cancer.  It also aspects his Moon.  

He is trying to decide what to major in.  He had a 3.90 GPA in high school and so far has a 4.0 at Santa Fe College.  Even though I wanted him to play soccer at FGCU, I'm glad he's here because I would be missing him.  He is actually toying with the idea of going into Journalism just like Pops.  I told him if he wanted a fast and decent salary he could go into the Pharmacist Program.  He told me it doesn't interest him.

I heard that my nephew Kavi just got his license.  Next on the agenda could be a set of wheels.
Vroom vroom.

The kids have grown up so fast it's mind boggling.  

One day there will be grand kids and dare I say, grey hair?  

Note to self:  Lose weight, feel great, chant Hare Krishna, and grow older with grace.




No comments: