Monday, February 9, 2009

My New Blog Sites and Thoughts on Blogging


The last few days I have become somewhat removed from my regular writing routine and at the same time, have looked into my writing future.  Inspired by other devotee blogs, a couple of weeks ago or so, I started writing a more bloggish blog on Facebook replete with photos. Faithfully, I wrote it every night and received positive feedback from readers.  

This weekend, I decided to take it a step further and organize my writing better by categorizing it into different blogs.  So far, I have started blogs on my daily life called "Another Day in Gargsville," (which you must already know about since you are on the site), "Poems by Gargs," and "Vedic Astrology by Gargamuni das."  Up to the present moment, I have posted entries on both the poetry and the journal blogs.  I have a lot of material for both of them but I just haven't had the time to post as much as I want.  The astrology blog will take a little time to get going but I have already written a 20 chapter first draft on the subject and will gradually post from there as I clean it up.   I also have a number of other blogs in the works which I plan to gradually introduce in the not too distant future.

On Facebook, I will continue to write first draft poems and other entries that come to me during the course of an average day.  The poetry blog will feature poems that I have worked on more and I have decided I like. 

Probably, my most daunting task will be to keep the daily journal actually daily.  I hope to streamline the process and make timely entries although I know sometimes I will lag behind.  I do know that I can do better than I'm doing now.  I want to somehow increase the quality without decreasing the quantity.  

I recently read a nice post on Bhakti devi dasi's "Seed of Devotion" blog about blogging.  I recommend it.  She gave very good advice about keeping one's blog short and sweet and just giving a small view into the blogger's life.  As I said, great advice, but I'm not entirely going to take it.  You see, I am a bit of a rebel and I tend to not care for molds.  They're confining and I have too many things I want to say anyway.  If a reader doesn't want to keep up with it all, that's fine.  Let them read whenever they want.  No one says you have to read everything I write or anything I write for that matter.  

I'm 44-years-old and have been keeping too many things inside for way too long.  Almost three years ago I noticed I was bursting at the seams and felt compelled to open the flood gates.  The Gargalogical-clock was ticking.  I've been gushing ever since and I hope to continue at this pace until death, which I hope is at least another 44 years away.  

2 comments:

Devadeva Mirel said...

a pleasure to meet you!

Gargs Allard said...

Same here. Thanks for reading.