Thursday, March 5, 2009

Radha Gets Her License, Veggie Sausage and the Bat Cave








I didn't go to the gym today because I was so tired after eight hours of school, part of which I crawled on my belly in Newbury's "Bat Cave."  I was wiped out when I got home and dirty as a skunk who had just wrestled a pig.  Tomorrow, I'm going to hit the gym hard while Radha is taken her F-Cat's at Santa Fe College.  I am now craving workouts.  Pretty, pretty, pretty good, as Larry David would say.

Yesterday, I accompanied Radha to get her driver's license.  Getting your license is a big thing for a kid.  I guess it's big for anyone.  I got mine over 30 years ago and still remember it to this day.  I started the driving part of the test out by going too far past the stop line while pulling out of the Motor Vehicle Department in Willimantic, Connecticut.  "Not a good start so far," the driving instructor said.  I quickly recovered and got my license.  Back in Gainesville in 2009, I told the clerk my daughter didn't like getting her picture taken and the clerk responded by trying to hold her hands so I could snap a picture.  It didn't work.  I then told Radha she  shouldn't try to stop me from catching the "precious moments."  Finally, she agreed to let me snap some pictures on the condition I would not post them for now on without her approval. She's sleeping right now, so, as I cannot ask for her approval before deadline, I have included two or three here for your viewing pleasure.

I've been listening to a lot of Steely Dan lately.  They were so good in the early seventies and are so underrated.  The combination of their musicianship, jazzy-rock sound, smooth yet cool vocals and Dylanesque lyrics relaxes me and simultaneously stimulates my mind.

I got a 125 on my American Government exam.  I never got 25 points of extra-credit on a test before.  Professor Maggio is cool, no doubt.

On Monday, I bought seven of Sabjimata's veggie sausages.  Today (Wednesday), they are officially gone.  I cooked one up for Vrn with tomato sauce, cheddar cheese and green olives.  It looked delicious but I did not partake due to it being too late in the day for my dietary considerations.  I can confidently say, they are the best veggie sausages I have ever ate. Write that down, as it's coming from a man with a lot of food experience.  Vrn seemed to like the collaboration and said the green olives gave it the kick it needed.

I think I said this before but Wednesday school is so difficult- I go through four classes and then trudge on to four more hours of Geology afterwards.  Aagghh!  At least the three hour lab part is generally cool.  We descended into the Bat Cave in Newbury today.  It is cold and dark down there, yet there is still a whole eco-system.  I'm sure glad I'm a human being and not a bat.  I really like the sun light.  While we were inside, I imagined being trapped down there forever.  If that would have happened, the "cool" bat cave would have quickly become a hellish prison.








No comments: