Friday, April 2, 2010

An Always Hungry Day


I had one of those all-day hungry days today. Didn't think about it too much, just kept eating. As a matter of fact, it's 1 am and I'm still hungry now. I don't think I really ate before I went out the door, but after my Photographic Journalism class, I had firsts and seconds of Krishna Lunch. Now, I didn't exactly get a heaping plate either time or anything but I certainly got a belly-full of whatever they were serving- rice, cauliflower sabji and some salad. I did say ishq on the halava, though. Today I ate half a bag of chips. First time I've eaten any potato chips in about a month. Kind of made my mouth taste like a sewer but the first bite or two was enjoyable- well, kind of. This evening I made spaghetti and had seconds also. My regimen, which I was doing so good at, got whipped today, boy. I could eat something more now, but that would be kind of insane, wouldn't it?

I'm pretty much psychologically ready to get out of school and travel for the summer. One more month or so to go before I go go go. Govinda is going to Berkeley for graduate school in the fall and Radha may go to Emerson in the Spring semester of 2011. In the meantime, Shyam keeps playing his guitar and schlepping through Santa Fe College. Glani is graduating from the R.N. program and will start working at North Florida in May.

I'm going to have one whole apartment to myself when I get back from my summer travels and have been thinking how I will set it up. Right now my mind is too jumbled to think but I know it's going to be a nice cave that my friends will think is cool. Maybe I'll walk around in a bathrobe and smoke a pipe. It would look cool enough but I'd probably choke from accidental inhalation. I need to think about space and the fitting of my books, cds, records and stereo system. The kitchen should be a nice experience- controlling what goes in what cabinet and drawer. Buying my own set of spices and appliances for streamline-kitchen-Gargs action.

What will really be good is having the quiet time to write whenever I want. The TV will only go on when I say so. Sometimes the sound of it annoys me to no end. I have at least 100 projects up my sleeve that I would like to sink my teeth into in the upcoming years. No, I'm not going to grow my hair out ever again. It was getting in my way too much and my brother said I was starting to look like Tommy Chong- although he did think I was starting to look kind of hip- in a disheveled sort of way.




2 comments:

halava said...

I'm looking forward to the man-cave. Pool table, perhaps? Cool music. Iced beverages. Maybe some darts. Yeah, baby!

Gargs Allard said...

I think I just might have room for a pool table